2018 Dates - TBC
So you bought a big fancy camera, now what...?
Very soon after buying our first DSLR camera, we realize that cameras are very clever, but also very stupid. A lot of the time they don't do what we want them to do if we leave them to their own devices.
The thing is your camera does not have your creative vision, it's a machine. It's great at exposing, but doesn't know what you want exposed and how. It's great at focusing, but it doesn't know what you want to focus on.
We need to get you off "Auto" and taking control of your camera. Only then can you truly begin your journey towards becoming a competent and skilled photographer.
In photography 101 my aim is to cram a year's worth of experience into one day. It's a crash course to get you up and running fast and out there taking photos you can be proud of and that everybody will love.
What is covered:
1. Course Overview
2. What is Photography and getting your mind right to succeed at it
3. Photographic terms and concepts
4. Equipment Explained
5. Exposure for dummies
6. Composition - What makes an image "good'
7. Common Pitfalls and how to fix them fast
8. Practical session covering everything we have discussed.
What time is the course?
8am - 4pm - Theory
4pm - 7pm - Practical
What do I need?
All you will need for the course is a fully charged DSLR Camera (Interchangeable lenses), a tripod and a memory card.
Tea, coffee, water are provided throughout the course. A light Lunch will also be provided.
What is the cost of the course?
The cost of the course is R1500pp and includes:
- All course notes
- Refreshments during the course as well as a light lunch.
- Further reading and links to Youtube/Facebook and web resources.
- You will be added to a private group for students to ask questions and share knowledge and experiences.
Seats are strictly limited to 6 per course max.
Seats are allocated on a first come first served basis and are not booked until payment has cleared. Please double check with me by phone before making payment.
You will need to first fill out the form below, I will then reply if there is space on the selected course or offer you alternatives if not. From there you will need to complete payment to book your seat.
- GM Higgins t/a Gavin Higgins Photography
- ABSA Bank - 632 005
- Acc # 408 5822 801
- Please use 101"yourname" as a reference.
Gavin Higgins Photography
Shakers Cocktail Bar, 1st Floor, 18 Compensation Beach Rd,
Dolphin Coast, KZN, 4399